Government Working Hours and Public Holidays in Vietnam
1. Vietnam’s Government woking hours:
- Governmental agencies work 8 hours/day from Monday to Friday:
- 07:30 AM -> 11:30 AM
- 01:30 PM -> 04:30 PM
- Private companies often work from Monday to Friday. Some companies are open on Saturday:
- 08:00 AM -> 12:00 PM
- 01:30 PM -> 05:30 PM
- Banks are open from Monday to Friday. However, somes banks work on Saturday & Sunday.
- 07:30 AM or 08:00 AM -> 11:30 AM
- 01:00 PM -> 04:30 PM
- Over Time : 05:00 PM -> 07:00 PM
- Almost shops are open from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily
2. Public Holidays:
- January 1 (one day holiday): New Year’s Day
- April 30 (one day holiday) : Saigon Liberation Day
- May 1 (one day holiday): International Labour Day
- September 2 (one day holiday) : National Day of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Vietnam Traditional Lunar New Year Festival (Four day holiday) - Tet holiday usually falls at the end of January or middle of February by solar calendar. The holiday begins on the last day of the last lunar month and lasts through the first three days of the Lunar New Year (Tet Nguyen Dan).
- The 10th day of the third lunar month (one day holiday): The ancestors’ death anniversary of the whole nation
Have a nice day!
Vietnam Visa Team (VietnamVisaTeam.Com)