1. Do Iranian nationals need a visa to Vietnam?
Iranian nationality is not included in the visa exemption list, but in the special nation list of Vietnam Immigration Department. Therefore, Iranians are required to submit documents before applying, and the process also takes much time than usual with a higher service fee. Iranians can apply visa for tourism purpose only. Vietnam visa for business purpose is not applicable
2. Two options for Iranian nationals to apply for Vietnam visa
2.1. Apply online for a Vietnam visa on arrival
Iranian passport holders can apply Vietnam Visa on Arrival for 1 month single entry online from anywhere outside of Vietnam. The Vietnam visa will be picked up upon arrival at the Vietnam airports by showing up the printed out of the approval letter. Please inform us your current job and send the following documents to our email firstname.lastname@example.org:
Note: The visa expiry date will be based on the return ticket (maximum 25 days)
In order to get a Vietnam visa on arrival, Iranians should pay two types of fee: the service fee and the stamping fee.
- Service fee: The service fee is for visa approval letter processing.
- Stamping fee: The stamping fee is paid in cash to the Vietnam Immigration Officer at the arrival airport to get the visa stamp. Credit cards are not accepted. If applicants have booked full package, this fee would not need paying anymore.
However, citizens of Iran would not be supported with Vietnam visa on arrival on some holidays and occasions. Therefore, they are advised to directly contact the Vietnam Embassy to obtain visa at those times.
2.2. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate
For those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, they can go to the nearest Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate.
The address of Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Iran for your information:
Address: Valiyeasr Ave., .Ardebili, Pesyan, Baghestan 6, Mardani, East Ordibehesht, No.6, Tehran, IRAN
Fax: +98.21.22416045 Emergency Telephone: 0912 159 6135
- Before applying for a Vietnam Visa, Iranian and Persian citizens should ensure that the passport has at least 6-month validity and left pages from travel date.
- Iranian and Persian citizens are required to prepare: Original, signed Irani passport; 02 passport-sized photos; and a Business Letter from either the sending company in Iran or sponsoring company in Vietnam. The letter should be printed on company letterhead stationery, addressed to the Embassy of Vietnam, and signed by a senior manager (an equivalent to Vice-President or above.)
Need assistance with your application? Contact us at +1-416-939-7260 or email email@example.com